Below is an updated list of different applications that you an use to create your projects in. This time, I tried to separate for paid, free, and subscriptions.
This post is an updated version from: May 30, 2013.
Cross Platform Apps (free)
- Source tree - app to commit your source code
- Visual Studio Code - powerful text editor
- Netbeans - an IDE. Download the version based on language you typically use, or add extensions to do all types of work.
- Virtual Box: Virtual PC creator
Cross Platform Apps (Subscription)
- Adobe Creative Suite - create/edit text, pdfs, videos, and more.
- PHP Storm - an IDE for php
- Web Storm. an ide for web development (can be added as an extension to PHP Storm.
- NordVPN: VPN Service provider.
Cross Platform Apps (paid)
Windows Specific (free)
Mac Specific (paid)
- Sketch - a design toolkit. After 1 year, if you want to update, you need to pay.
- Affinity Suite - Non subscription alternative to Adobe. Upgrades are included.
- Fork Lift - file manager and transfer client
Web Apps and automation:
- JS anywhere